Monday 7 January 2008

Wild About You.....

The actual colours of this card are way nicer than this photo.....

Not sure whether is just the time of year where the light is dull or whether its the fact that I have changed all my light bulbs in our home to energy saving ones - the photos of my cards aren't brilliant at the moment.

I saw over at the lovely Mish Mash Blog that she had made a frame using the fantastic nestabilities so I thought I would have a go this morning.

Can you picture the scene..... I was so excited this morning as Boys were back at school and I am up to date with my work, ironing etc so I thought Hey! I would go and put the heater on in my little craft room and do some stuff......


Birds singing away and coming into the garden for their breakfast - Lovely.... pictured the scene yet?????

Knock Knock comes on the door - My eldest is on the doorstep - Laughing his head off.....NO SCHOOL TODAY.....THE HEATING HAS BROKEN.........Doh! There goes my morning off crafting.....Bless.


Anyway managed to get this card finished. The base card is Chocolate Chip, then a layer of Pretty in Pink, cuttlebugged with the spots and dots folder.

I made the Rose Red frame using the scallop large rectangle and the same size rectangle. I ran the scallop one through first cutting and embossing it. Then I layed the straight edge rectangle on the scallop cut out and did the same cutting and embossing it, this is what I came up with. Thanks for the idea over at Mish Mash.....
I stamped on whisper white the elephant in Pretty in Pink and layered his eye up on foam pads.

The scallop circle and circle punches were used behind the Seeing Spots Thank you part and the flower from that same set was stamped in Rose Red and cut out with a pearl added.

I did some faux stitching around the inside of the frame and went over with the white gel pen.
The Pretty in Pink Taffeta ribbon was added to finish off the card.....

Hope you have a great day,
Jenny:-)xx

10 comments:

Dawn said...

Jenny you cards are fabulous, definitely my favourite blog for SU.

Sonya said...

You arent going to believe this! My two sons came hom from school today for the exact same problem! they had to wear coats during the morning because of how cold it was inside the school..lol Love your card by the way:o)

Unknown said...

whoo hoo. i love it! pink is one of my favourite colours, i have nestabilities too, they are fab i do love my cuttlebug embossing dies too! all i can say too is roll on tomorrow for you then! and i have my fingers crossed that it will be warmer!! lol
take care Jenny..

Anonymous said...

I like this one Jen, I love the nesties and cuttlebug stuff too. Then I just like trying new stuff and more stuff.. o dear there's too much choice and stuff around. As for the chillder boys and girls being sent home... I remember it well, no chance now they're at uni and work, have to fend for themselves now, (ooo I wonder when/if that will ever happen lol).Mo x

Rhonda Kelly said...

Another fabulous creation! Your work is just fantastic, so inspiring! TFS

Emma Joyner said...

Hi Jen.. I love the wild about you set!! Another to add to my list.
A question about the nestabilities, do you a have a probem with them shifting, or do they generally stay in place. The frame looks brilliant, and so effective raised up!

Shannon McGann said...

This is such a beautiful card! I love the colours and layout you chose. You are so talented! Thanks for sharing.

Tara said...

too funny about school!!
I was so excited to stamp this morning too after my kiddos were out the door...I love this card...super cute! The frame is cute with the stitching.

Morwenna said...

I love how the elephant's flower matches the flower in the tags embellishment!

Anonymous said...

Jenny, this is gorgeous! I love the faux stitched border and all the other details!

 
09 10